If you are an new entrant to the Business Broking industry, an experienced Business Broker or an allied professional looking to be informed of current Industry practice and would like to join the Australian Institute of Business Brokers please complete the application form below.
Regulations (Word Document)
The Australian Institute of Business Brokers (AIBB) is the peak industry group, formed in 1989 to represent the special interests of Professional Business Brokers. The Institute has Chapters in each State run by a local Executive Committee's and the Institute has seperate Special Interest Chapters to oversee Business Valuations and Training and Education.
The AIBB is involved at a State and National level in making representations to both State and Federal Governments over a wide range of industry issues many of which affect the Business Broking and Allied Professions in support of best practices in our Industry.
AIBB is determined to ensure that the Education, Training and Industry Standards are made available to, and maintained, by all members to ensure best practices outcomes for all stakeholders and preserve the "public trust' in the profession. These ideals have proven to be of benefit to both the participants within the industry and the consumer at large.
What do you get from AIBB when you become a member?
- All completed AIBB Forms & Authorities for Full & Associate members. Please note, at this point WA & VIC have completed forms and authorities, other states will be notified when the forms are completed.
- Use of the Bizstats site (www.bizstats.com.au) included in membership fee for Full and Associate Members.
- Access to specialised AIBB accreditation programs such as the online ‘Certified Practising Business Brokers Course’ (CPBB)
- Opportunity to fulfil CPD requirements through AIBB training & events for members in NSW and WA (who have compulsory CPD)
- Discounted member rates to the AIBB Annual National Conference.
- The AIBB has an active liaison with all levels of government and lobbies on legislative issues, through our membership of COSBOA, that effect our members.
Please note it is a requirement of membership that you complete the AIBB’s Certified Practising Business Brokers (CPBB) course within the 1st 12 months of your membership. For more details, see http://www.aibb.org.au/member_training.php
A.I.B.B. is not affiliated with or a part of any real estate or property based organisation. A.I.B.B. has developed its strength by being a totally independent organisation focused entirely on Business Sales and Transfer.